1915 – 1920’s era silver plate 6 1/8” tall by 6” wide coffee pot from the famous Davenport’s Restaurant & Promenade that was located in Spokane Washington. Davenport’s was one of the most elite restaurants during this era in the Spokane area. In 1914, Louis Davenport opened the restaurant after hiring architect, Kirtland Cutter, to give the restaurant a Mission Revival style theme with white stucco walls and red tile roofs. Also of particular interest, Davenport organized the Davenport Hotel Company in Spokane and the Davenport Hotel was one of the finest hotels in the area. The restaurant was famous for it’s courtyard dining setting, the pergola promenade, the Hall of Doges, and the restaurants use of plants and hanging gardens to add to the dining atmosphere (very fancy for even the Pre-Prohibition era). The coffee pot / pitcher is marked on the side with the restaurant shield type logo and reads Davenport’s in a cursive script under it. The pitcher was made by Reed & Barton, is silver soldered, marked 1-P (one portion) and is backmarked “Davenport’s. Davenports was located on Sprague Avenue in the downtown area, and the hotel today was preserved and reopened.